Author: Megan Ziman
1. You tell people that PR stands for “Public Relations,” but they have no idea what you do.
2. So you make an awkward joke about having a “BS” in PR.
3. You’re obsessed with Brian Solis’ insights about Diedre Breakenridge’s book, “PR 2.0.”
4. You’re an expert at “crisis management,” and feel like you are constantly saving the day.
5. You feel super cool because you are close friends with writers and publishers from the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Forbes magazine.
6. You carry yourself with grace when dealing with media, analysts, or influencers because it can affect the reputation of the company (or end up on Twitter).
7. You’re frustrated by the ongoing debate about the value of press releases because that’s what most of your time is spent doing.
8. You are constantly editing PR materials to make sure they aren’t filled with marketing buzzwords.
9. This is how you feel when a press release has a spelling error or a missing punctuation mark:
10. You’re the company gatekeeper for what is approved to be said or published.
11. You consider yourself the company storyteller.
12. Which is true, because you tell the story of all the awesome things going on in your company.
13. You get extra excited when you hear about a new customer success story that would totally get picked up by media.
14. Especially when the customer is willing to tell it with you. After all, they’re your best advocates and the most important aspect of your business!
You Know You Work in PR When… was posted at Marketo Marketing Blog – Best Practices and Thought Leadership. | http://blog.marketo.com