SES New York is coming up in just a few weeks and I really can’t wait. New York is easily one of my favorite cities in the world and I’m looking forward to joining thousands of marketers who feel the same March 25-28.
Today’s online marketing draws us in many directions and with the ever changing landscape of search, social media and technology, the demands on marketers to view their world from 360 degrees is more important now than ever.
At this year’s SES New York event, I’ll be giving a brand new presentation, Creative Content Marketing: Winning the Hearts, Minds and Wallets of Today’s Distracted Consumer on Thursday March 28th at 9:30am, which digs down into why, for who and how of tapping into ongoing creative ideas for content marketing that actually works.
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to content at SES New York. Beyond the essential topics of search, social media, analytics, content and email marketing, there are 13 brand new sessions overall.
I’ve been attending SES New York since 2007 and it has been an interesting evolution of content. Back then, the singular focus was search, analytics and a hint of social. With the 2013 show, the opening keynote tells the tale of a modern, integrated approach: Social TV: How Marketers Can Reach and Engage Audiences by Connecting Television to the Web, Social Media, and Mobile.
Whether you’re a small business or an enterprise doing business globally, there will be subject matter experts at this event offering practical, actionable advice that you can put to use as soon as you get back to the office. I have an interest in advocating for SES New York since we’ve been a media sponsor for the past 5+ years, I’ve been attending or speaking for longer and I’ve been on the advisory board for 4 years as well. But there’s more than that with this event, so I’ll share a few more compelling reasons why I think SES New York is worth your attention and attendance.
1. 360 Degrees of Marketing Content
SES New York is one of the largest digital marketing conferences in the U.S. with attendees from all over North America, the UK, Europe and abroad. Whether you’re new to digital marketing in a new position at your company or if you business wants to scale it’s internet marketing efforts, SES New York will have content to help you reach those goals. The New York show in particular has an agency slant that should appeal to all the East coast interactive, ad agency, pr firms, web dev shops as well as the abundance of in-house marketers.
Beginner to Enterprise topics to be covered include:
- Integrated Marketing
- Paid Search
- Social Media
- Content Marketing
- Landing Page Optimization
- Link Building
- Analytics & Conversion Optimization
- Mobile Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Local Marketing
- Big Data
- Online Ads, Display, Retargeting
- Multi-lingual Search
- Online Advertising
- Digital Marketing Tools
- Industry Trends
2. 360 Degree Networking
There are numerous networking opportunities at SES New York ranging from the networking focused lunches to “Meet the Experts” roundtables. I always recommend to my staff that they split up at events and to take advantage of the networking during meals. Meeting people over morning coffee, lunch and informal dinners in the evening have been especially productive. There are also special events hosted by the conference and sponsors.
Whether you’re looking for new employees or new consulting business, SES offers a wide range of smart marketers to connect with in person. For some SES events there is a mobile app that is promoted as well.
3. 360 Degrees of Content Creation & 10 Ways How:
If your business works in or serves the online marketing space, attending a conference presents a goldmine of content creation opportunities. Here are 10 of them:
- Take notes from the sessions and write up articles for your own site or pitch them to other blogs
- Take your camera and do some informal video interviews and post to YouTube, embed in your blog, post to Google+ and Facebook
- Make a board on Pinterest or a Set on Flickr and post conference photos
- Take notes from sessions and use them to create 200-300 word blog posts
- Create your own hashtag, and livetweet sessions during the event. Then compile those tweets into daily roundup posts “45 things I learned at SES New York”
- Pitch Search Engine Watch with an article about one or more of the sessions you attended. Make sure it’s high quality, cited and proofed.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation from your notes about the sessions you attended for: internal company training, client training or for your own use when speaking at an event. This can work the other way around too. Write an article, break it up into smaller blog posts. Or take your PowerPoint presentation and break it up into blog posts and/or articles.
- Interview other attendees, speakers, sponsors or exhibitors at the conference. Attendees and exhibitors are often shy, but most speakers are more than happy to (including me!)
- Use photos and videos taken at the conference for your own social media promotion of your blog and company’s services or at least as stock images for blog post and b-roll for video
- There’s a lot, lot more you can do to leverage conferences for content creation, including conferences eBooks. If your company wants to learn how or needs help, TopRank Marketing are experts.
Need more creative content marketing ideas? Then be sure to attend my session on Thursday March 28th at 9:30am ”Creative Content Marketing: Winning Hearts, Minds & Wallets”.
BONUS: It’s New York!
New York is one of the greatest cities in the world and if you haven’t been, I highly recommend it. What better way to justify a trip than a conference where you can learn, network, create content, prospect new employees and customers, plus engage in a little competitive intelligence gathering?
For more information about the conference and registration, visit the site here.
© Online Marketing Blog, 2013. |
SES New York – 3 Big Reasons to Go 360 Degrees with Your Online Marketing in 2013 | http://www.toprankblog.com