by Maria Pergolino
As customers receive more and more and more and more email from companies like yours, it’s more and more and more important than ever to make sure that your message is hyper-relevant. How do you do that? By not only creating compelling content, but also by making sure that this content is sent to the right audience. That’s no easy task when you’ve got a whole database to deal with. But if you fail to promote the right content to the right people, it could derail your entire content marketing strategy. That’s a lot of time and resources down the drain.
So how do you make sure every email delivers a relevant message when you’ve got multiple going out each week? There are four things all marketers must be doing in their content marketing strategy to ensure maximum results:
- Create interesting content. There is no market for content for content’s sake. In order to stand a chance in this economy, you must deliver relevant content that exceeds expectations. In other words, you must make your information more valuable (even if just in perception) than that of your competitors.
- Vary content mediums. Delivering your content using one medium only is like fishing using a single lure; you might catch one fish but you can catch so many more by using a variety of lures. Not only do people gravitate to different types of content depending on their consumption preferences, they tend to seek out certain content types depending on where they are in the buying cycle. The key is to present your information via numerous means, including articles, blog posts, eBooks, targeted email, FAQs, infographics, podcasts, reference guides, video demos, webinars, white papers, and workbooks, to name a few. And to catch the attention of the most people possible, you need to take advantage of many content mediums.
- Ensure that your content can be easily found. You want prospects to find you when they are conducting their searches; that is, when they are in active research and buying mode. This is accomplished through inbound marketing strategies such as social media marketing, SEO, and SEM, in addition to PPC, paid social advertising, content syndication, remarketing, easy to navigate websites, and more.
- Promote content using segmentation, personalization, and customization. It’s critical that you make your content relevant to each and every recipient. Otherwise, your message will reach many but entice few, if any. What’s important to note is that this is not the content, but the promotions about the content, otherwise, your potential reader may never dive into your thought leadership.
Need more help? We’ve recruited Cari Aves, our very own Senior Product Marketing Manager, in conjunction with Anne Holland of Which Test Won? and Maria Pergolino, Sr. Director of Marketing, to teach you everything you need to know about delivering relevant content. It all goes down in a webinar on Tuesday, March 27th, and will include:
- How to develop content that engages
- How to ensure that your content is found by your prospects
- Why it is important to promote the right message to each of your audiences and personas
- How to customize and segment content messages to ensure your readers feel engaged
How to Make Your B2B Content Marketing More Successful was posted at Modern B2B Marketing – Marketo Best Practices Blog. | http://blog.marketo.com