On March 10 WIley & Sons published a new book by Michael Miller called Online Marketing Heroes: Interviews with 25 Successful Online Marketing Gurus . The book features interviews with a host of digital marketing experts, including the publisher of Micro Persuation, Steve Rubel.
This book is full of valuable information for every marketer, entry-level to executive. The exerpts covering Steve Rubel cover his background, thoughts on blogging, PR, digital marketing and his work at Edelman. You can download it here as a PDF .
* Technology works best when it takes on a do-it-yourself character—and when it becomes free
• Google’s free search has replaced the PR professional’s traditional paid research tools.
• Generation Y is abandoning earlier technology, such as email, in favor of text messaging, instant messaging, and social network communication
• To take advantage of social networking, figure out where you andyour community overlap and how they want to communicate
• Going forward, the concept of community is the common element running through all online media and technologies